Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 179 of 365 days: September 29, 2012

Dear Jam and Jelly, 

You are parted by necessity today. Jam, you had to be left in the care of Mamala because Ate Josel is going home tomorrow and I won't have an extra hand with Jelly around. But you seem to enjoy it and Mamala is always so receptive to having you around. She even volunteered that you stayed until Tuesday even when I offered to pick you up on Monday. You know it's twice today since last night when someone thought me to be younger than my age. Last night when we went to La Vetta and bought ice cream, the waitress asked me if you were my sister. HAHA! Imagine that. Today, in the jeep on our way to Mamala, we rode with a distant relative who kept comparing me to a cousin who is younger than I am. She kept confirming "Wasn't she older than you?". Well, Mommy is having fun over that and YOU had fun with your jeepney ride. All eyes on you and then we dropped off at Jollibee to try out the according to you "Cripsy" aka "Crispy" Chicken Wings for your lunch. Then we proceeded to Mamala where she reported about how you fared the last time you were there. They said you were a naughty head. They had to force the cough syrup to you in however way they can just so you could drink it. That is without you having to flick it to waste it away. Mamala says you never listen to her. She just wouldn't raise her voice like I would, I guess you're a little spoiled there, aren't you? What's more? The grape man, a vendor who frequents Mamala came by before I left and with you eating the bag of grapes before it was even bought, Mamala just had to buy it off him. Well, I'm starting to miss you already - you naughty head, you!

After dropping Jam off, I took a quick visit to the wake of your Tita Dane's daddy. I learned that he died after suffering years of liver cerosis. I didn't want her to go through all that but she seemed okay talking about it. She said that Tito Edward Van was the first HFX GLAM family member who visited - but got the best of it when Tita Dane reprimanded him for drinking so young. She says her dad started with the vices of drinking and smoking at the age of 14. May God/Allah rest his soul. 

Jelly, you just woke up with that cry of yours. It's as if someone tore your heart apart. I just have a feeling that you have this bond with Jam. You always look for her and it seems that the smallest effort Jam can afford to make you smile, you laugh so hard without ado. Today in church, everything was just as novel to you as it was yesterday. The textures, when you see our shirt, whoever is holding you, you look at it then make all the effort to rub your cute little hand on it. The sights, your eyes were just everywhere. The sounds, the tiniest clatter of the ceremonial bells made you want to look around even if it was a tad difficult for you. The people, where a nun who attended the Novena couldn't help but wave at you. At the end of the mass, she had to go to you and say goodbye with a little pinch. She couldn't stand you, who could? You could be such a darling when you smile but you could be vile when your eyebrows meet. Proof would be how you screamed at Mamilou in the middle of the mass when she tried to cuddle you, you didn't want to be in her arms today - and Ate Jajai's, too. In fact, you didn't want to be in Ate Josel's arms too when you saw her wearing her eyeglasses. 

Today is the Feast of the Archangels. I learned that the word "evangelism" came from the Greek "euangelion", which became the Latin "evangelion". The word means "a reward for the messenger of a good word." This is where the word "angel" came from as angels are seen to be "messengers of a good word". That's a fun fact. I really enjoy word origins and I am glad to hear this from mass. 

We had dinner at LKK's Japanes restaurant - Ramen Tei. The food was awesome and Jelly, you wouldn't protest as you made your taste test on the ramen as you did with the shrimp soup from Green Haven last night. You were a scream as usual. I can only imagine Mamala, Jam, to be chasing you around. I hope your appetite would improve like you did before we moved here to Molugan because your Mamilou is nagging me about your weight again. Tough.

On an even sadder note, I haven't heard from Daddy. Not since last night when we arrived from the Novena. Tonight, he appears to be online in Facebook but he hasn't responded to my buzz. I hope he is alright. I miss him so much.

Signing off,







Jam at Jollibee to take out some lunch, refused to pose again and gave her back to me

Dropped this off to Mr. Macapagal's wake

Dinner at Ramen Tei. Ate Jajai and I love Japanese food so much, we fit right in here
Itadakemasu! (right?)

The little Japanese girl fitting right into the venue, well Jam is Korean lol 

A little feel good addition to the evening ambiance

No comments:

Post a Comment