Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 184 of 365 days: October 4, 2012 HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jelly Bean!

Dear Jam and Jelly,

Daddy and I were just chatting a little while earlier. We were talking about houses. Shhh!!! I don't want to be excited but here is to hoping. I just want to settle you know. Be in one place, stop moving and carting our stuff along every time. But I think Daddy is determined to do that although I am not one to pressure him what with the new wave of change we are braving this 2013. That is IF the Armageddon won't take effect on December 21, 2012. 

Today - Jelly turns 6 months! At exactly 3 AM everyone in our small hut woke up, not only to greet Jelly but to greet the horrible wind, bad weather and the blackout. At about 2:30 AM Jelly woke up, wanting a fill of milk. Just when you were turning in again, the wind picked up. Then it picked up even more that the topmost nipa of our roof was flapping like a crazy bat wing. In comes the noisy and terrifying rain. That plus the crazy bat-like nipa opening and closing equals rain on us. We had to move to the other tent which is officially occupied by Ate Josel and Ate Jajai. We huddled albeit the tent could only do so much for space but enjoyed the fact that Jelly was gazing about the darkness with eyes wide open and Jam whining about the smallest of nuisance. We woke up like that later at 7 AM, in the tent that wasn't ours. I can say it was an experience, fun to say the least but never again do I want it to happen. Just saying.

The morning looked promising, no sign of dreary skies just yet. With that, we partook of Jelly's cake with the "customized" text. While enjoying that, we watched Jam's and now Jelly's favorite movie - "To Wong Foo". It is a movie where Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze (RIP), and John Leguizamo (I bet you don't know these names Jam and Jelly so better look it up Wikipedia or something new by the time you are able to read this) play cross-dressing homosexuals. Jam likes it so much for the make-up, the gowns, the flamboyancy. Now I bet Jelly likes it because it is sooo "colorful". Don't take me wrong, the reason why Jam likes it is coz I introduced it to her, that being my favorite movie myself since I discovered it in 1993 in VHS format. 

In the afternoon, Jelly was still left in the care of Ate Josel who reported that as Jelly attempted to bite my nose, she attempted to bite Ate Josel's ear. Your gums are just so swollen, it has been like that since you were 3 months, it must aggravate so much! On to the city, Jam and I went in her new pair of leggings that looked too cute. Ballet shoes would complete it except that even with Mamilou's offer to buy you a pair of Dora sandals since you don't like ballet flats - you were still crying in the shoe displays. It is clear that you don't want to even if the reality is that you have outgrown most of your useful shoes! What you did enjoy was a cone of candy floss, a cob of corn and another set of clay. I promised we would sculpt a miniature kitchen that is why I bought the plastic toys yesterday. In fact, I bought the toy for myself, too. Something I haven't quite enjoyed when I was young. So I am enjoying it now while spending quality time with you - soon both of you.

We had dinner at the new Gloria Maris - where Jam, you naughty head, broke a soup spoon. That ceramic soup spoon. Yes, you are impossible but I tried my best not to reprimand you BIG TIME. I am so thankful that you cooperated at dinner when Father Bong told you that the food was good, gave you a sugar-free candy bar, and cheered on you. I guess he has that effect on you!
I am waiting for Daddy to come back online so we can resume chatting. I don't know I am too sleepy. 

xOx









P.S. We saw Tita Jessica by chance in Limketkai just when we were leaving West Concourse and she was passing by. My, what a long time it has been! 


Jam's face while watching "To Wong Foo"

Jelly's face while watching "To Wong Foo"

A cone of candy floss. A well-deserved reward to a little big girl that listens

Reunited with Jessica! :)

Why the bed looks so inviting. Mommy is ready to dive in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment