Monday, September 27, 2010

DAY 312: August 30th, 2010; MONDAY


Dear Jam,

You were oriented to make up today and this time, it is from a make-up artist - and that is me! :D You wouldn't stay put and you kept pointing at things you
aren't supposed to be touching "mama this and mama that". So I whipped up a hypoallergenic eyeshadow crayon from my makeup kit and taught you how to use it. I think you got the hang of it because you never put it in your mouth, even anywhere near your lips. I am just amazed how curious you could be and how easily satisfied you are when instructed properly. That's a very good sign.


Also, today, I was shocked to see manage to put a scrunchie thru your wrist by yourself. You have all these colorful bands lying around at home you never got to wear after your haircut that you finally found some use with them by wearing them as wrist bands. Another one I'd like to take in account is how you fanned yourself with a piece of cardboard box - like you saw me a couple of
days back. Not to forget how you showed me to wipe your tears when crying and then blowing your nose with your shirt. HAH! You are just full of surprises, a bundle of joy you are!

What was painful for you, me and Daddy later on in the evening though was when you had trouble defecating. No matter how much you forced it with grunts and groans, it wouldn't come it but a spec from you bottom. You were so sleepy but couldn't rest because of the pain. You kept saying "yayay" and that pediatric suppository was a little painful for you too even as the relief came, it was still "yayay". So it was Maymah and Djaydah's job to keep you entertained. Daddy laid out the folding bed in the cafe counter where while I was watching the cafe, Daddy was playing with you. You whiled away, forgot the pain for sometime as you found the window sill to be a perfect spot to play pretend piano. You were even humming the tune of whatever you may have been playing. Later, when that idea was already exhausted, I acquainted you with a nursery rhyme both Daddy and I are familiar with. I like this song too because as it is accompanied with a drawing, this woke the artist that was yet sleeping when I was your age. So it goes

"Small circle, small circle. Big round circle.
Small circle, small circle. Big round circle.
This is Mama, this Papa, waving goodbye.
Six times six, equals thirty-six,
Six times six, equals magic."
The end of the song will have ended with the drawing of a pig. You liked it! Loved it in fact that you asked me to keep on doing it until our paper was full of pigs and doodles.

Not to forget cats! ;)


JAMantic of the Day:
1. You progressed from calling yourself "Tatap" to "Jajap". We're almost there!

2. As you and I were preparing to leave for work, you pointed the shoe racks and said "My shoes!" and later when we got to work, seeing Daddy wearing a watch you said "Dedah, wash". Ooh! Very good!

3. I think you're turning Aussie on me, thanks to Auntie Sher! HEHEHE! So we were watching a show where you heard the number eight but you know what you said? "Ayt" You said it just like the Australians say it! HAHAHA!

Your MAYmah,


No comments:

Post a Comment