Monday, September 6, 2010

DAY 357: July 15th, 2010

Dear Jam,

It is the official birthday of 365 Days of Strawberry Jam in paper because it was only today that I decided not to postpone until your second birthday to actually start it. That's going to be another six months and by then, you would have had transitioned from baby talk to actual speech. That's something to watch out for. So here we are :D

We went out in the afternoon, just to shake off that lovesickness bug from missing Daddy.




First, we went to the post office to send(after centuries of not being able to) a snail mail to a friend of mine in TUMBLR. She's an Indian living in Kenya, taking up a pre-med course. She's interesting because she's friendly and receptive to a Filipina like me. I also learned that she loves sending and receiving snail mail because she collects the stamps. I, on the other hand, am collecting postcards this year after last year's collection of keychains. So there, we had an agreement to exchange stamps and postcards. The funny part tho was when the lady in the post asked me "Uhm, where's Kenya?" I was just blown away in disbelief. Not to demean her but...working for the National Post, shouldn't she know world geography? I don't know, just wondering you know.

It was so hot back there. I haven't been there since before I even turned 18 and it felt like we were going back in time. Don't get me wrong, I like the feeling. I appreciated something that we have been missing out in the rush of today's hi-technology and I am even happier because you got to experience it. You just got exhausted in the heat, you looked like you were going to pass out. But then I have to admit, you looked cute despite the heat going on.

Coming from the post, we proceeded to meet with your Nahnang at Limketkai to buy your new feeding bottle, some packs of diapers and a big can of PROMIL 1-3 :)

FIRSTS: As we were waiting for your Nahnang (whence I did not have a plan of eating out coz I was trying not to spend more than I should) I was moved by your prodding when we passed by Jollibee. You pointed the big bee statue outside and the posters of food while saying, quite deliciously, "Ahmm, Ahmm." like you wanted to eat every colored picture you would see. Hence, we ate a budget meal and then took out a cup of Redberry yogurt on our way home.
Your MAYmah,

No comments:

Post a Comment