Saturday, September 18, 2010

DAY 328: August 13th, 2010; FRIDAY


Dear Jam,

It was a short day for you and me today because I had to be early with Nahnang to go with your Auntie Sher and Uncle Shane. After making breakfast for you and Daddy, I headed off to MAKRO Wholesale Center where Nahnang and I met before proceeding to Apple Tree Resort. From there we took a taxi, with a driver who kept whining about putting the meter on while driving to a remote area (like, Hello!) but we were intent to go there without the hassle and didn't mind the muttering person. It was a teary reunion when Tita-Ninang-Jollibee-Ma'am-Deen finally met with Auntie Sher. I had not expected the former to be so soft
as to cry when they hugged. Even your Auntie Sher was close to tears when she took in the feeling of the very house where we all basically grew up in. That's the house where your Tita-Ninang-Jollibee-Ma'am-Deen lives in with her sister Titateeteen and their dad, your Lolo Undo. We met a couple more family members whom I've been estranged to after a controversial period of haitus. Family is family and I am so happy that everything is
better now. I h
ave met with my Papa Joe, Lolo Joe to you, a younger brother of Mamilou whom I have, in my own father's absence, looked up to as my father figure. We had a bit of catching up to do and I just missed having to hug him. I also met with your Auntie Jingle, our cousin and Auntie Sher's half-sister by your Lola Elda. Everybody just keep on asking for you!

We took a little longer than we had permitted ourselves to get back to the cafe. We had to book a cottage for the party on Sunday and discuss a couple of important things before I received a call from Mamala saying that your Nohnong Yolop was having a high fever. What we did, to save everyone the hassle, was for Nahnang to switch places with Nohnong as I went to fetch you and Daddy to get to work. Daddy said if you were big enough to ride the bike with him I wouldn't have had been hassled to travel back and forth. But that's okay, I just want to be sure you're both okay.

Surprisingly, in the evening though, when everything has settled, we get an unexpected visit from Auntie Sher and Uncle Shane at the cafe where you played coy on a doting Auntie Sher.

JAMantic of the DAY:
I was running a bit late than I expected myself early in the morning when you, seeing me fiddle with my sunglasses, snatched it from me. Daddy and I couldn't be more amused when you'd put the sunglasses on by yourself when he gave you a spoon of food and took it off when you were chewing ti down. You were having your own little fashion show!

Your MAYmah,

No comments:

Post a Comment