Thursday, September 9, 2010

DAY 348; July 24th, 2010

Dear Jam,

You woke up early today to watch BABY EINSTEIN's Baby Noah Animals Around the World. It's cute - HYPNOTIC in fact! It had classical music for background and repetitive pictures that was just like a whirling spiral of black and white, turning and turning. Nahnang fell asleep to it.

It's Tito Rey Vedrero's birthday today. I had expected the party already and a little drinking but I did not expect Daddy would fall asleep on us while he was on the phone with us. But it's okay, I find it cute that he managed to call us despite the inviting tow of tipsyness. So, as Daddy was asleep, I was given time to speak with Nahnang. we had a heart to heart about our dreams and hopes about starting a stable family life, building a well-founded home and a comfortable retirement home for Mamilou and Lolo. Later, when everyone else had gone to sleep, when I'd usually spend it talking to Daddy over the phone, I had time for myself to go over my novel "The Secrets of the Letterman" and made the necessary editing. It's a
working vampire novel, which I've started since I was 18 years old. That was when I was all about "falling in love", "you and me against the world", something a bit like a Stephanie Meyers' line of thinking. But I want to be beyond that and I want to incorporate the beauty and tragedy that is the Philippines. I am working on it. If I can't make it before I die, I am bequeathing it to you. Now, that's a responsibility ;)

Your MAYmah,

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog and the way you write sis! i honor you for that! i would love to read your novel someday... =)

    ReplyDelete