Friday, September 10, 2010

DAY 347; July 25th, 2010

Dear Jam,

Today, the internet cafe was given blessing by the Catholic church. Mamala texted early but when we woke up, it was nearly lunch. I felt like I would throw myself all over the place when I read her message that said that the blessing would be at nine in the morning. I would have panicked hadn't she clarified that the priest wouldn't be available until the afternoon and that is after delivering mass at Nazareno. Unfortunately, as I was complacent and confident with Mamilou's new digital camera, I didn't use our camera to cover the event. When we got home, your Nahnang and I found out that Mamilou's card reader was infested with virus and worms. So, no, we don't have a copy of (ALL) the photos your Nahnang and I took. You were all over the place as usual! You even charmed the priest himself! Too bad I don't have a picture to show as evidence.
It was also, as agreed, as your Daddy and I discussed while the construction was still underway, that I would work alternating shifts with Nohnong. Mamala acquiesced owing to the difficulty there is when hiring someone else we barely know. I am excited. It's a job for me and I will be earning at the same time, you'll be taken care of by Mamala and Papalo who will be on the second floor, where the eatery is.
I am also happy well, even more than happy maybe, because I made a small contribution and it will go down in the family history. Daddy assigned me to come up with the cafe name. I went thru a lot of ideas including "ANGEL'S NETHAUZ and INTERNET CAFE" and that's after Mamala's and your name. But he asked if I could come up with something unique to the Cagayanon cyber market. From
the recesses of some disregarded memory, I recalled this idea for an animated version of your Daddy, Nohnong Van, and Nohong Yolop. They were to be called B-Brothaz Block. Then it became B-Block when I added myself as my character Queen_B. TADAH!
July 25th is a significant date for a couple more people. It is also your Uncle Jerry's birthday today and Molugan's fiesta. It is also your Auntie Sher's wedding to her six year fiancée, Shane.

Your MAYmah,

No comments:

Post a Comment