Tuesday, September 14, 2010

DAY 339; August 2nd, 2010

Dear Jam,

Thankfully, I managed to redeem myself after that incident with the lady and her baby a couple of days ago. We rode with another pair of mother-baby in the jeep on our way to work. This time, the baby was even smaller and without a diaper or even the protection of an underpants. I didn't know what the other people in the jeep were fussing
about as I was intent looking at you observing the tiny child. Then I hear rapt voices of concern telling the mother to wipe the child's bottom and it was then that I found out that the baby was partially naked. To think it was cold and rain seemed imminent. I didn't have second thoughts this time and gave the mother the spare pajamas I always carried around in my bag. Unfortunately as I was complacent that you, with your diaper on, won't need change or wiping until we get to the cafe, didn't bring spare diaper or wipes. So we can only offer the jammies and I think that should be enough. My thought again, as a mother, we should always be prepared for whatever. Studying the girl and not to judge by face value but the first thing that came to mind was that she was a young mother and a little irresponsible at that. For what kind of a mother would give their child an empty, dirty feeding bottle to suck in nothing but air? That is the state of the world now, my love. It saddens me. I want to help it but sometimes the issue is not about having none but neglecting the means to be productive. Someday though, I want to bring you to an orphanage and involve you in the activities so that you will grow up learning about charity.

That was over when we got to Lapasan and I eventually forgot about how disturbing that was. Mamala and I went to scout for apartments in a nearby area, a couple of walk away from the cafe. I still haven't found what I have been looking for and I feel like God is telling me that I need to keep on looking. I am keeping this faith because He did the same for me when I was looking for a flat in Mandaluyong. The place was more than I asked for, at a price I can say was reasonable. So that's what I am looking for, I know I will find that somehow.

It was a fun day for you because Ate Hannah, came to visit B-Block Internet Cafe, eager to cuddle and
chat with you. When we got home, the fun continued
with you and Nahnang. You would just squeeze out from her embrace, crying with real tears, which was but your tactic to get out of her arms. As soon as you were free from her, the smile came back to your face and energy on your feet as you danced to Mamilou's dancing tune. You got back kindly on your Nahnang though because she gave you a calming massage after we had a shower so the two of your were peaceable until we all fell asleep.

Daddy, by the way, is enjoying his self-study on Portuguese. The Portuguese word and phrase book will prove to be useful as he is oft assigned to Brasil. He's teaching me some words now and I teach him the Spanish equivalent in return. Hope you can join the fun soon after your lessons with DORA The Explorer.

Your MAYmah,

No comments:

Post a Comment