Thursday, September 30, 2010

Milestone Memoir 2009

September 4, 2009

Dear Baby Kitten,

We went early to bed last night so I woke up to the feeling of hunger this early; its 0100 Hrs (1AM). This is the consequence of breast feeding and why I can't entirely go back to my diet. But I feel like I lost weight these past few weeks. I just haven't checked. I was going to write on the 2nd to tell you that we went to SM after my OJT to do the grocery with Mamilou and Ate Jocel. Yo wore your new set of clothes; top and pants, which Mamilou reported to have captured in her still camera. As I held you in my arms, going down the taxi, you were kicking your feet with the excitement, adding your little shrieks of anticipation as we moved towards the door. You even danced to Woder Girl's (that Korean girl group)"Nobody, Nobody" and rode the grocery cart (sitting on a biscuit basket). You were so exhausted that you slept on our way home.

Earlier today, I gave in to Mamilou's litany of cutting the edge of your hair, which are falling over your face. You find it irritable to your eyes that you would rub it until it would go red. I refused before, saying that it would grow back anyway and that it would eventually get to that length. But seeing that growth is slow, I gave in and now you just look like that 3D animated version of Tinkerbell, which I was so fascinated with being pregnant with you. I also went with the popular (old wife's) belief of keeping the locks of hair in the middle of the book so that it could...err...what's the perfect word (?)...enhance (?)...help (?)...make (?) a child intelligent. What have you? Mamilou kept mine and Ninang's in an encyclopedia. You see, I kind of feel the effectiveness of the err...spell (?)...ritual(?). Because I have to admit that I am rather...err...quite good at some aspects AND so is your cousin, Ate Mae Anne whose mother followed the tradition. Anyway, I am moving yours from a novel, to another book until we graduate to an encyclopedia to see its effect. We won't lose anything of we try it, won't we?

P.S.
I received a text message from Daddy telling me to check my e-mail. Yipee! So excited! I can't wait to see what he sent!

P.P.S

When I came home from OJT, I was surprised to see a make-shift lazy hammock of blanket stretched out in the middle of the room - Mamilou reported how you slept soundly in it.

Love, Mamimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment