Friday, September 24, 2010

DAY 315: August 26th, 2010; THUSDAY

Dear Jam,

I spilled hot water all over my hands, I find it very difficult to write. It was a little accident earlier today at breakfast, I might have been sleepy or what with the rush to keep the food hot. Anyway, I realized that even as I am injured, being a mom, I am not excused for anything. This does not exempt me from doing chores and taking care of you and Daddy. I'm just weak that I had to lay down beside you and do an ELMO'S WORLD Marathon instead of busying myself with the chores. To make the day worse than I had expected it, you were being unbearable. You were all over the place that you'd almost brought the stand fan down to pieces. That was excusable because it could easily be passed off as an accident but then later on, you were spanked anyway. You just didn't want to sleep when it was obvious that you were sleepy, you had bags and dark circles under your eyes! You wriggled and struggled - AND you screamed at my face. We had to teach you a lesson but I think, I did it too hard that I might have left marks on your leg. I just can't spank you again. It broke my heart listening to you cry, knowing that there was another way to go around it than just spank you for being restless. I don't wanna have to go where my mother's discipline took me when I was a kid and that was classic obedience class, I don't want you to experience that. Anyway, after that, you've been more behaved.

I had my first paycheck today, working for the cafe and it's a treasured salary because it's something that comes from a work I'd never thought myself to be involved in but I seem to enjoy. All's well that ends well, ja? Though there's just one thing that's getting us all anxious - Nahnang's Nursing Board Exam results. *whew* They're sus

JAMantic of the Day:
1. Learned the "Duck duck" song with Daddy. It's something the two of you composed and choreographed after watching Baby Einstein's animal videos.

2. Pronounced "bye" very well and that is thanks to Hello Kitty and Friends where Kitty says "Bye" in the end of every show. Repetition does help increase instance of absorption for you.

3. Mimicked Daddy's "roll on" action while you saw him rolling on his armpit.

4. Blew bubbles by yourself. You merely had to say "up" to mean that bubbles go up, we understand it that you want to have the bubble canister opened so you can hold the stick and blow the bubbles yourself.

5. Said "ba-bam" for "bumbum" or bottom. I was talking to you about how you might hurt your "ba-bam" if you didn't behave.

Your MAYmah,



No comments:

Post a Comment