Thursday, September 16, 2010

DAY 335: August 6th, 2010


Dear Jam,

There was a mini pageant at home today and YOU were the STAR! It was all thanks to Nahnang who found you to be a perfect dress-me-up doll. She was watching a pageant in a noontime show where the contestants wore a two-piece bikini and a scarf around the bottom piece. It hit her as an inspiration when she saw you up-and-down the Cinderella gift box from Ninong Johnny. She found a scarf a
nd a hanky that fit you perfectly. When she called me, I had a big grin on my face to see the future that is reminiscent of my past. So I got your crown and a plastic bouquet to complete the ensemble. In fact, your Nahnang and I planned to scour our share of sashes to don on you but we felt they would be too big and that looking at you with all the drama was enough. You looked real! I mean, it's as if you'd joined a real pageant. You were posing and smiling and taking the time to emote as I clicked the camera away. Your Nahnang was saying that she is the acting mentor/manager and that today was only the Swimsuit Competition where you won Best in Swimsuit. We will cook up the second part of the pageant soon!

As the excitement died down and we all got back to our seats, we watched The Ellen DeGeneres Show. It was the episode where the Filipino boy, Rap Salazar, was asked to perform. It feels nice to see Filipinos excel globally. He has won an international singing competition and with him is Charice Pempengco who has become so internationally acclaimed. Someday, should you feel the need to achieve something of Charice's status, I will support you if I can afford it. Anyway, given your genes, you already have the makings to be a STAR and a talented one at that. Just this evening at closing time, I put up the version of CHIPMUNKS"Bad Day" in louder speaker - you made an interpretative dance all on your own! I have it in video.

It's been raining hard still, just like today. It was a perfect weather to sleep early but you were to hyperactive to do so, so Nahnang and I had to follow at your wake. That's when we played the Kissing Game with her. I don't know why today you've been especially kind to her, giving her more kisses than you have me. I really don't mind at all. In fact, I am thankful that somehow, in some unusual days you are sweet to the one person who was always been there for me until I gave birth to you and even now that you're here. With the game having concluded, you rolled on your back and asked me to rub your "tummy" this time. Isn't that something cats like? You really are my kitten. ;)

As soon as you got to sleep, I proceeded to pack all our stuff to get ready for the big move. By the way, this was something I didn't want to do while you were awake as I am sure it would excite you even more. So no, I didn't get to sleep. But that's okay, I am excited myself.:D

Your MAYmah,


No comments:

Post a Comment