Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DAY 336: August 5th, 2010


Dear Jam,

It's a rainy day and we woke up early cuddling with Nahnang who is recuperating from her (thank God) non-contagious allergy. Then later before we went to work, your Lolo attempted to cuddle with you. Attempted because you would squeeze out from his embrace for want to play. He said that you should be spending more
time now that we are moving by weekend.

We had another share of motherhood and family again today as we rode with a woman who was struggling to care for her three little kids. Each one barely older than the other, all with slight frame as the mother was thin herself. You just cannot help but be amazed at babies and you started staring at the smallest one as soon as they boarded the jeep. A comment from my part is meant for the mother who, I don't know what her reason is but the baby was not set to go out with the type of weather we had today. While you were all wrapped up, the little one was merely dressed in a thin cloth for an over-all and a little cap for the head. The baby was crying, bawling, catching everyone's attention and when these things happen, the mother gets the pointed stares from other people. I looked away and asked you to stop staring. I didn't want to judge, the situation just got me thinking about mothers nowadays and she looks so young she must have been younger than I was when she had the oldest child. Wouldn't that have made her more cautious or experienced for the third one? Or could it be that she has gone confident about her parenting since she's had more than one to learn from? I hope that was just the first time and that she has a perfect excuse why the babe was inappropriately clad.

So on with work. To get my head out of the issue, I browsed through
some tutorial videos for Photoshop in Youtube. I am learning and I like it. What I even liked more was you, hording the candies which were supposed to be hidden from view. You spotted it anyways and ran off with it, away from me. Work ended a little late today because we had customers extending but we had a swell time when we got home. It's because of you. Your Nahnang and I cooked up some midnight snack, Kimchi Ramen, a Korean favorite. You were curious why we hid it from your view so you tip-toed beside Nahnang to have a peek. But you couldn't have any because it's spicy and hot so I gave you your own midnight snack of cupcake while we finished one of our favorite movies, "Enemy of the State." You were watching quite attentively as well and brightened up when you saw a dog, pointing to it and mimicking the "woof woof" you held both hands up over your head, flapping it to make doggy ears.



JAMantic of the DAY:
"YAYAY" - noun; pain, verb; hurt. You learned it from Nahnang who was recuperating from her "yayay".

Your MAYmah,

No comments:

Post a Comment