Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Before Being: September 13, 2008

TO: The Angel in my Womb

There is something you need to know about me.
I am an ARTIST. An artist of many sorts.
I am a writer, photographer,actress, singer, director, make-up artist, painter and cartoonist. But it's important that you know that since I've been pregnant with you, I haven't been in tune with my other artistic personalities but the writer I have always been since I was ten years old. I was bad at anything else then,even my writing was childishly raw.

But should this talent of mine put to skill while you reside in me, affect you as you grow, I can only hope that you take on whatever good I have in me and that you maybe better . Should I run out of time here on Earth to finish my stories, I pray that you can continue them.

I believe the writer in me has been called, summoned, requested by your father - I've rarely met a man who find joy in reading letters. Your father is one and rare. And he has given me the opportunity to be understood - as a writer. And I love him even more for that.

We have read a lot of books since but I tell you we've started on "Pugad Baboy" with a good laugh. I love the way the artist's opinion on Philippine politics is placated by his sense of humor - and then his cute and pudgy characters are just so irresistible. Its smart, witty and that's me! We've read Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" and that psychological journey with "Sybil". But I've taken more time reviewing my old stories and editing them as we went through the texts in plans of rewriting or over-writing some insignificant details. I want to use as much time out from school and work to finish my books. But there's just so much to write and so many ideas I need to catch on with but my hands aren't much of a help as they numb the longer I write. It must be the changes I am going through as I am well on my way.

FROM: Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment