Friday, October 29, 2010

DAY 260: October 21, 2010; THURSDAY

COUNTDOWN:
1 Day to"Strawberry Jam" without "J"


Dear Jam,


You look more than happy with your new sunglasses! ;) This one looks good on you. It's the same as Daddy's aviators and seeing as the two of you have the same facial shape, the cut goes perfectly well on you, too. As I promised, I bought you your own pair because just this morning, on our way to Carmen, you complained with how the sun was hurting your eyes. You kept saying "Mama eyes" and I caught how the glare made you flinch. So I offered my sunglasses for you to wear until we were safe from the sunlight in the shade of Carmen. This does scare me somehow you know. All those movies seem to be prophetic about how the sun will leave a barren land on the Earth and become even more menacing than it already is now. Daddy and I saw "The Book of Eli" where everyone had to wear sunglasses to protect their eyes from sun and sand. Is this the inevitable?

On the right side of the bed, Willow Smith, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith's daughter, has released her new single "I Whip my Hair". She's utterly cute and lovable at nine years old, behaving like a little woman. You know, I have always been a fan of the Smiths and until we saw Karate Kid starred by their son Jaden, did I know, so was Daddy. As we were watching the movie, we were talking about how we wanted to have a boy after you. It would be nice to be a bunch like the Smiths; a girl and a boy with a Mommy and Daddy, that would be enough happy unit. What do you think? I think you quite agree to the song though, doing your own kind of hair whipping when you listen to the music. Your dance move is prompted by the word "hair" and then you whip it quite gracefully.

So back to our world; you, Nahnang and I went to Save More
Supermarket to buy dinner. It was Nahnang's first time to be there while it was your second. You've gotten used to it and somehow, you didn't worry about screaming and throwing a sample of your antics. You were advised against the spicy Korean food when we passed by the aisle of imported products. Nahnang said "No, halang" and made a gesture to express the feeling you get when eating something hot and spicy. From there, you kept repeating in its full and perfect pronunciation the word "halang" and the action for which it was felt. In short, you copied after Nahnang. You must have been hungry already because as we passed by the row of canned goods, you kept saying "Shoop! Shoop!" for "soup". This went on until we got home where I cooked "shoop" especially for you.

On our way back by the way, you enjoyed a standing position in the motorcab. You didn't complain, instead insisted to stay as such. So I can only guess where this little "yayay" on your knee came from.

Before we completely turned in for sleep, we took out the other book from Ninang Jeng, "Father Cat's Busy Day" where you identified
"cat" as "tat" and "sun" correctly.

*sigh*
In a couple of hours, Daddy will be leaving for Singapore. I was a little more worried today than I was yesterday. After texting at lunch, he didn't call again until he arrived at your Lolo Eliong's place at 2000Hrs (8PM). I told him that I was worried, thinking about this wretched weather, his phone was off, I couldn't reach him and no one would bother to provide for answers. I was rebuked lightly, he told me that I shouldn't be thinking of negative things. He was a little assuring when he said that. So I am holding to that thought right now, however unsure I still am.

I am happy to be assuaged of the thought that Nahnang is around to keep me cheered. And you of course. As a trio, we prayed the "Angel of God". We grew up praying and that and it's just right to teach you about it. Then we both lulled you to sleep by singing Christmas songs.

JAMantic of the Day:
You are the inspiration for which I composed the nursery rhymes "123 Jam" and "ABC Jam". It started tonight before turning in for sleep, you were enumerating "Dada, Mama, Wawa, Wowo, Nonom, Nahnam" and then proceeded to count the number "too, tee, too, tee". There is this old tune I sing to you repeatedly when you were smaller and back when I called you "petite". So the original tune had nothing but the lyrics "Petite, petite, Baby pee-petite." It was tonight that the song was brought together with the new simple lyrics of 123 and ABC. We recorded it with my phone because you wanted to listen to it over and again. Nahnang said she will get back to the keyboards in Kauswagan with it in mind. :DDD

Your MAYmah,

No comments:

Post a Comment