Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DAY 291: September 20th, 2010; MONDAY


Dear Jam,

That's your and Daddy's sweet early morning effort for me. While I was fixing breakfast, you went out for a bike ride around the compound and came back with this lovely colors. It's so sweet. According to Daddy you asked to dismount from your bike, you went to the blossomy bushes and said "Mama", picking out a stem of these lovelies. It's a good distraction for Daddy, you, I mean. He's a little detached today. Once in a while, he would be looking out of the window and he's quiet at that. He's thinking about work. He's like that. Whenever he feels like he is more useful out there in the sea for us here, to generate income and support our "Activities
of Daily Living" than being with us here doing nothing much. I told him that he needn't worry and that we were there to help him. When he was out of the trammel of thoughts, we watched the new DVD "Knight and Day" where you threw Daddy and I off again. By this, I mean, you constantly pull off a shocker! Like that smoking re-enactment yesterday. Now, when we were watching the movie, you saw Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise kiss. That prompted you to tell Daddy "kiss". After the fatherly pucker, he explained the difference between their kiss and your kiss with him. We then both decided to have a practice on parental discretion about what movies we watch with you. Anyway, you fell asleep as Daddy and I finished the movie.

So with your sleep stretching onwards forever,
Daddy decided after
foreseeing an inescapable tardiness at work, to go ahead of us. When you woke up, we passed by Limketkai to get some air. Purposely, I tested how far we would fare in the mall should we decide to attend the mass in the atrium again. I wanted to see how you would likely behave. The first thirty minutes seemed promising until the effect of the good twirly-wirly seemed to wear off. The power of your scream was carried out across the halls of the mall with so loud an echo! I just had to pick you up and tow you out! HAHAHA! It's so much like a scene in the movies where people would, in unison, turn to the source the nuisance. Fancy that!

Y
ou were like that almost throughout the day. You insisted a lot! You insisted on "Lala", your version of Mamala, to rock your cradle and not "Lolo."Also, when Ate Hannah visited, you insisted on how you would want to hold that piece of tabloid she brought with her from school. But they love you anyhow, so I guess you're one lucky little mischief.

I made a couple of discoveries myself today from both your Ninangs. I spoke to your Nahnang on the phone earlier and I felt sorry when I heard about how she felt about me villainizing her in this blog.
She said she was following but when she saw how she looked more like the antagonist than the ever supporting godmother that she is, she stopped reading. HAHAH! She'll be back. Even more so now that we will minimize the instances of thus and what with you warming up to her. Then I had a bit of a chat session with your Ninang Majal. We were discussing about her coming wedding. She told me about the gowns designed by Nationally-acclaimed designer Kate Torralba. I had asked her joshingly if the entourage, where you and I are included, will take home the gown. I was blown away with a pleasant shock when she said yes. Wow! You and I get to keep our first ever Kate Torralba!

JAMantics of the Day:
1. Daddy was sweeping in the floor when suddenly and I do not know what gave when you pointed at where he was sweeping to say "Naa iwi o!" I tried to translate it as you would to "There's the spot of pee!" only to not make any sense of it all. You must have meant something else but couldn't find the right sound for it.

2. "Tatap doowing baby?" Was your little phrase to me when you saw
me writing in our moleskin journal. You were either convincing me that you'd like to draw as in "doowing" or that you meant I was drawing you, the baby.

3. You also, after almost slipping off the bathroom, managed to say the Visayan word for "almost" as in "hapit". You said "apit" though by yourself. I was thinking it but I hadn't said it until you said it first. I was giggling, overwhelmed with a brew of happiness and pride stirring in my breath.

Your MAYmah,


No comments:

Post a Comment