Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Strawberry-No-Jam 012 Part 1 (4:12AM)

October 15, 2009
RUBIO RESIDENCES
Cagayan de Oro City

Dear Jam,

In a couple of hours, Daddy will be leaving for Manila to take care of his VISA and eventually leave for disembark for his next contract. In fact he's out to leave his bike in Carmen, he reckoned our pad's parking space wouldn't suffice to hold it without a proper roof save for the spare leaves of the grapevines.

I will miss him - and last night, admittedly, he will miss us. I've never heard him so serious as that he was so close to tears because of you. You were restless before turning in for the night; you would poke my nose and then with your mouth full on my unsuspecting mouth, your face landed on me. It was like a kiss that would go on forever. I think you picked up my psychic distress and you just kissed me with such unexpected will to comfort me. I asked you to do it to Daddy. It was the same intensity as I would have liked to embrace him there, a kiss wrought with a predisposed longing. When you and Daddy parted, your face still on him, studying him, he looked away and said that it was true what his friends said - that when your kids break steps, expect them to break your heart in such sweetest of ways. Especially for them who are often leaving. I heard his voice break and my jaw tightened; he and I were close to tears as we tucked you to sleep. It's 0412Hrs (4:12AM), an early start. He is taking the first flight, so we best be ready.

Love, Maymah

No comments:

Post a Comment