Friday, October 15, 2010

Strawberry-No-Jam 004


DAY 3: DEVOTION TO OUR LADY OF MANAOAG NOVENA
September 26, 2010

Dear Jam,

I'm already in Limketkai as I am writing this while you and Daddy are at home recuperating from his cough and you from your colds. I would have loved the two of you to be here as Daddy wished too, had you both not been down with the virus. So I guess I'll have ti fortify and double the effort of my prayers so you could get well and hopefully next Sunday, you could both join me. I'm early, Mamilou and Nahnang aren't here yet but we'll be starting soon after 30 minutes. It's the third of the Devotion to Our Lady of Manaoag Novena and it's my third year serving as an assistant prayer leader and soprano in the choir. I'm doing this because it's a nice thing to do once in a year, to be devoted to attend for nine days and lead people. I can use my voice for the Lord's purpose where I make sure that every word I say impress feelings to people with the way I say it. Not only that - the Novena has proven to be quite helpful. But to say that is an understatement. It has been miraculous to be honest and has granted my little requests that until I heard from a fellow devotee, I didn't believe it myself. So says that woman, that fellow devotee, that for three years, she's been praying to have a baby and this year, she couldn't attend and that is thankfully because of the miracle, her prayer has been answered and she is well on the way. I am not a devout Catholic although I grew in an overtly religiously charismatic family - but be that or not, this here has a special spot in my datebook and my heart.

Love, Maymah

No comments:

Post a Comment