Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Milestone Memoir 2009

September 11, 2009

Dear Baby Kitten,

You heard me open your diary and though you are so sleepy,
you just had to give
me that sweet knowing smile of yours. It's 0600Hrs and that's because we woke up at 0400Hrs; we slept early last night too coming from a tiring walk in the mall with Ninang. Yesterday, after our little exercise here in the room, I was so excited to write but since our sleeping pattern has been erratic, my schedule was thrown off balance. I fell asleep instead and woke up to gte ready for our malling. You were so persistent in climbing up the wall yesterday (that's from all fours to a standing position) but I was scared because on you first attempt, you fell on your butt - and here's my paranoia of crushed spinal column. You threw a tantrum for being deprived of your desire to be mobile so I had to trust that you can do it again. You managed to go halfway around the room, holding on to tables and chairs and then learned hot to walk on fours - for a short while. Then another accident (though minor) happened; you were playing with your plastic potty trainer which until now has been useless. Trying to lift it, you fell out of balance and though I may have caught you in my timing, you still had to get the *bump*. You (lightly) with your head first, fell on the floor. I was paranoid again and you were screaming and screaming only to find out that you were easily irritable because you were so sleepy ad not because of the bump.

So yesterday in the afternoon, we went to check if Daddy's

money went thru and I'm glad that it did because I had nothing in my wallet but fare for going out of the house and back. But this time, since we are in a shoestring budget, I insisted that we cut on taxi and take a jeep instead. So it was the third of your jeepney days! We went to Limketkai and bought your lovely training shoes at Php300. There was this nice brand at Php1,200 but after much considering, Ninang and I didn't buy it. Thankfully, the cost-cutting made way for me to buy you a windbreaker which you can wear on cold and rainy days, which are both imminent turning in the "ber" months. You modeled your new stuff with a big smile.

Love, Mamimeow

No comments:

Post a Comment